Hello and welcome to the London Labour Film Festival blog series,
It’s incredibly exciting to be able to announce the return of the LLFF and our new online platform.
We figured that it would be apt to introduce the blog in our first post, and to let you know what to expect from it in the near future.
- First of all, the blog series. We’ll be bringing you updates surrounding the festival, writing reviews on labour films and any film news, and promoting the work of labour film festivals around the world. We will also be inviting guest bloggers to contribute. If you would like to contribute with a review or any reflections please do get in touch. This can include filmmakers with their own film to share and promote.
- If you want to find out more about this genre of films. It’s worth checking out Tom Zaniello’s encyclopedic books on labour films, and check the watchlist of his top Labour films.
3. Our new website. The home page contains two very important links: a. Link to next events. b. Send your films to be exhibited.
The link to the a. next event will take you to our Virtual Festival series page. Here you’ll be able to see the next events on the calendar, and you’ll be able to get tickets and view the film(s).
b. We want to provide a platform for new filmmakers. So please send us your work.
4. On our archive tab, you’ll be able to find previous festival programmes, including trailers and reviews of many of the films that we’ve shown at the festival. I’d recommend going through the archive to get a sense of the type of films that we screen.
4. Finally, we have the contact us page, where you can get in touch. You can also click on the subscribe button, to be added to our mailing list, where we’ll send you information about upcoming events..
Festival blogger and assistant producer